meet the team
We pride ourselves on having a team of key personnel, senior engineers and consultants who are capable, personable and experienced in fast-moving technical environments. You can meet some of them here.
Managing Director & Lead Consultant
Founder of Impleo and a telecommunications expert with over 17 years industry experience. Andy’s previous successes include taking UMTS Ltd from a single person contracting company to a 35 strong team generating in excess of £3m, delivering the world’s first GPRS and co-founding TETRAtab as an industry recognised player in TETRA and Emergency Services devices. Since moving into the telecommunications industry back in 1996, Andy’s focus has evolved from his initial role of securing business for Motorola, into an operational capacity, before launching Impleo in 2000 to provide professional services to the mobile telecoms market.
Andy’s impressive project experience includes:
• GPRS Core Network and Radio Network upgrade for BTCellent (now O2)
• Core Packet Switching node (GSN) for Lucent Technologies
• Applications platforms and support services for O2
• Mobile Applications Gateway operating over TETRA for O2 Airwave
• Devices programme management for Motorola and Airwave
• Mobile Data leadership at O2 Airwave
• Trials management in Low Power GSM
• Management of the initial deployment and evolution of a nationwide IPTV and vPVR/ nDVR solution
• Positioning Impleo as an early stage New Technology Introduction specialist in the telecommunications sector
• Founder member of the Webinos consortium that delivered the Webinos enabler for IoT ( Internet of Things)
• Partner in a leading BYOD project aimed at security minded corporate and SME users.
• de Carta
• UMTS Limited
Gary is a seasoned telecommunications professional with vast experience managing technical teams working across multiple projects, operating through the whole project lifecycle. He has a strong background in the new product/ technology introduction through proof of concepts, systems, demos and trials he has worked on.
Gary has worked on many projects including Fixed Wireless local loop, GPRS, 3G, 4G, small cells (micro and femto) as well as public and private switching systems while globally managing the teams remotely or in the country whenever required.
• Virgin Media
Business Development & Operations Director
Business Development Professional with 17 years B2B sales experience in the Telecommunications, IT and Consumer Electronics markets. Jeremy has been working with Impleo since 2008 and is widely respected by both colleagues and clients. Jeremy’s strong and progressive network of contacts has been built up steadily over his 19 years staffing experience throughout the M4 corridor. His knowledge of the telecommunications industry, and the evolving pool of resources within it, is unrivalled and paramount to Impleo’s success.
• Anteo Group
• Alternative Networks Limited
• Allegis Group
Neil is a highly technical telecommunications professional, who has extensive experience in leading proof of content, trials, operations and customer support across the globe. Neil has delivered high profile networks to many operators across the world. He has developed innovative methods to demonstrate new products to key stakeholders as well as the rapid deployment of trial systems.
Neil has worked on the full gamut of mobile and fixed wireless technologies including 2G, 3G, 4G, FDD, TDD, TD-SCDMA, as well as the supporting switching, data and backhaul systems.
• NYC Public safety Network